Thank you Google and Rogers for the Small Business Innovation Workshop
This week we attended the Google and Rogers Small Business Innovation Workshop at the Google offices on Richmond.
A truly educational experience. Amazing keynote speakers with lots of interesting information.
Some very interesting fun facts they shared:
- 3.5 billion searches are googled every day!
- People check their phones an average of 150 times a day!
- If a phone is lost, it is reported in an hour. If a wallet is lost, it’s reported in 24! hah! (are we connected or what?)
Those are the fun facts, now, here are 5 of the more important tips we gleaned from the workshop.
When it comes to your website/online/mobile presence there are 5 important things to pay attention to.
- Quality – create tightly themed ad gaps, reach is more important than precision.
- Take up realestate
- Track conversions – tracking = optimization
- Mobile – desktops and laptops are far less used than before, mobile is where it’s at.
- Speed is everything – insert your url into this link and see what google has to say! https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/